Every day of the year the North West Air Ambulance Charity operates two helicopters that fly to people with life-threatening injuries or illnesses and to places that normal ambulances cannot reach. We receive almost no mainstream funding and costs over £4.2 million a year to keep flying and saving lives. That means we need your help.
There are a variety of ways in which you can raise money to ensure that we can continue to give the gift of time to patients across the region:
- Alternative gift – ask for donations instead of presents for anniversaries, birthdays, weddings or Christmas
- Host an event – whether it’s a tea party, a buffet, a barbecue or by inviting one of our speakers to give a talk, ask your guests them to make a donation in return for good food or entertainment
- Sell your unwanted items in aid of our charity – whether through an online auction site, a car boot sale or by donating to our charity shops
- Sponsorship – take on a challenge and ask your friends and family support. It could be anything from a run to shaving your head!
- Night in for NWAA – stay in on an evening you would normally go out, and donate the money you’ve saved to the North West Air Ambulance
Attend one of our events – there are a wide range of events taking place in aid of the North West Air Ambulance.
- Don’t forget to find out if your employer has a matched funding scheme. Many companies match £1 for £1 up to a set amount for employees who take part in fundraising for charity
If you are planning to raise funds for us, please get in touch with the Fundraising Team on 0151 547 7830 first so that we can help with your efforts.
Thank you for supporting the North West Air Ambulance Charity. We always need your help – one day you may need ours!