Wilmslow Half Marathon and 10k
- Cost:NWAA charity places are FREE with a pledge to raise a minimum of £100 in sponsorship for the half marathon and £50 in sponsorship for the 10k.
- Date: 24 March 2019 - 24 March 2019
- Time: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Location:Wilmslow Rugby Club, Memorial Ground
Wilmslow , SK9 5PZ, Cheshire
- Distance:Half Marathon
- Phone:07500 858581
- WebsiteClick here
North West Air Ambulance Charity are delighted to be the chosen charity for the 2019 Waters Wilmslow Half Marathon and new 10k. Join Team NWAA and run to help our crew save lives!
How to get involved:
We have charity places available in the half marathon in return for a pledge to raise £100 in sponsorship and in the 10k for a pledge to raise £50 in sponsorship. If you would like to apply for one of our charity places please complete the application form below.
Alternatively you can book and pay for your own place directly at www.wilmslowhalfmarathon.org.uk/how-to-enter and raise as much as you can. Make sure you tick to support NWAA so the organisers send us your details and we can support you with your free fundraising pack.
Already got a place?
If you’ve already got a place we would love to welcome you to Team NWAA. There’s no minimum fundraising target, just have fun and raise as much as you can! Register now to request your free fundraising pack or get in touch with our fundraising team on 0800 587 4570 or email@example.com.
Here are some of the ways in which your hard earned sponsorship could help change the lives of people right here in the North West.
- £9 could fuel our aircraft for one minute of a mission
- £25 could buy a warming blanket, essential to maintain the body temperature of severe trauma patients such as those who have suffered cardiac arrest
- £100 could be enough to help save the life of a seriously ill patient by buying a surgical airway kit crucial in life-threatening situations, such as airway obstruction or facial trauma
- £250 could supply a primary response bag that carries the drugs and medical equipment our medical team needs to treat patients in major trauma accidents
Volunteer – maybe running is not your thing but you still want to be involved in the event? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to support us on the day.
How we’ll support you:
All runners joining Team NWAA and choosing to fundraise for our cause will be supported with…
- A fantastic fundraising pack filled with hints, tips and ideas to smash your target, including your own Guess my Finish Time sweepstake
- Invite to our Barton Airbase for a behind the scenes tour for the events top 10 fundraisers and a guest
- Access to the new Team NWAA Runners Facebook group to meet their teammates and share their training and fundraising tips
- A free NWAA t-shirt to wear with pride on the day – and if you raise £250 via JustGiving we’ll also send you a NWAA vest!
- Team NWAA temporary tattoos and message squares
- On the day cheer packs including cheer sticks and supporter signs for family and friends when they join us at a NWAA cheer point on route
- Support from our events team on all aspects of your fundraising
There’s also training programmes available on the Wilmslow Half Marathon website and every finisher will receive a goody bag, medal and t-shirt on the day.