Great Wall of China Trek
- Cost:Options to self fund or raise a minimum amount of sponsorship
- Date: 07 September 2019 - 15 September 2019
- Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
- Phone:07915 803535
Celebrate our 20th birthday trekking The Great Wall of China!
Join North West Air Ambulance Charity for the challenge of a lifetime as we take on the Great Wall of China Trek to celebrate our 20th birthday and help to keep our helicopters flying and saving lives.
The Great Wall of China has been voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Stretching for 6,000km, it zig-zags its way across China, snaking across mountains and through valleys – you’ll be pleased to know we don’t trek the whole distance!
Hiking for five days along this magnificent man-made structure the challenge takes us over watch towers and mountains and through historic battlement stations. The trekking on this charity challenge is hard, due to a number of steps we trek up and down each day – it can sometimes take an hour just to trek 1km! Another highlight of this challenge is to conquer the 1,000 steps up to the wall at Mutianyu – culminating with the ascent of the ‘Heavenly Ladder’.
If that’s not enough to tempt you you’ll have an exclusive opportunity to ‘lend a hand’ repairing a section of the Wall that is currently being reconstructed. We will each place our brick in this newly restored section, ensuring our own place in the Great Wall of China! Memories to cherish for a lifetime.
How to get involved:
Step to it and join Team NWAA by booking your place with Global Adventure Challenges here you’ll also find information about the various payment options on offer.
Once you’ve booked your own place please come back and register to request your free fundraising pack, which includes your free NWAA t-shirt to wear with pride!
Alternatively to receive a brochure with full details of the event or to ask more details please contact Linda on 07500 858581 or email Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also an exclusive NWAA Great Wall of China Trek information evening on Monday 11th February which you are welcome to attend.
How we’ll support you:
As a member of Team NWAA, we promise to give you lots of support and encouragement along the way including:
- Support from our events team on all aspects of your fundraising including creating your personalised fundraising plan to help you to smash your target
- Access to the NWAA Facebook walking group to share training and fundraising tips
- Training walk so you can meet your teammates
- A fantastic fundraising pack filled with hints, tips and ideas
- A free NWAA t-shirt, team NWAA temporary tattoos and message squares to wear with pride on your trek