Great North Run
- Date: 08 September 2019 - 08 September 2019
- Time: 8:00am - 12:00am
- Location:Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Phone:07500 858581
Join the North West Air Ambulance Charity for the Great North Run in 2019 and help to keep our helicopters flying and saving lives.
With over 57,000 runners, this is your chance to take part in the world’s biggest half marathon taking you on a 13.1 mile journey from the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne to the coast in South Shields.
How to get involved:
The public ballot has now closed for the Great North Run, however the North West Air Ambulance Charity has a limited number of charity places in the run which are available in return for a pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £350. To apply for one of our places, please complete the application form below. All successful applicants will be notified by the end of March.
Already got a place?
If you are successful in the public ballot, we would love to welcome you to Team NWAA. There’s no minimum fundraising target if you have secured your own place, just have fun and raise as much as you can! Register with us and request your fundraising pack here.
How we’ll support you:
As a member of Team NWAA, we promise to give you lots of support and encouragement along the way including:
- A fantastic fundraising pack filled with hints, tips and ideas to smash your target, including your own Guess my Finish Time sweepstake
- A free NWAA t-shirt to wear with pride on the day…
- or a free NWAA running vest once you raise £250, via JustGiving
- Access to the NWAA Facebook running group to meet your teammates and share your training and fundraising tips
- Team NWAA temporary tattoos and message squares
- Support from our events team on all aspects of your fundraising