National Air Ambulance Week in numbersSeptember 16, 2015
21st – 27th September 2015
One of our key annual events, National Air Ambulance Week, is just around the corner and our team has been preparing for the last 12 weeks to ensure that the week raises funds and generates further awareness of the vital work we do.
Curious to see what efforts go into an initiative like this and what a difference it can make? Here’s a quick rundown…
- Over 160 hours brainstorming initiative and planning events
- More than 280 hours in preparation for our roadshow events, from brainstorming activities, organising stands, sourcing the locations and liaising with councils, to recruiting volunteers and spreading the word throughout the region
- 350 emails sent to our supporters, such as fundraising tips, marketing e-mailers, good luck messages and big thank you once the week is over
- 30 volunteers who help every step along the way, from helping with event risk assessments to manning our roadshow events to counting donations at the end of the campaign
- Engaging with over 4,000 people at our roadshow events
- 35 people taking to the skies in our unique skydiving event at the end of the week
- Over 30 supporters have pledged to raise funds for our charity in their own events during the week. From BBQs to wear yellow days, our supporters have found lots of fun ways to fundraise and spread the word about our lifesaving work
- 9 pieces of collateral, including leaflets and posters, have been created by our marketing and fundraising teams to help raise awareness of the initiative
- This year we’re hoping to raise over £25,000 in activities around National Air Ambulance Week – equivalent to fuelling one of our aircrafts for two months and allowing us to continue to be there when you need us
Will you join us this National Air Ambulance Week to make a life-changing difference to the people of the North West? To get on board, contact our fundraising team on 0800 587 4570 or alternatively click here.